Customer Website and Application Requirements and Restrictions
Website and Application Requirements. Customer Website and Application must include and comply with the following:
- Contain more content than ads, including in slideshows and lists.
- Contain no file-sharing or copyrighted material.
- Content must be regularly updated and monitored for freshness and attribution.
- Content cannot be entirely image-based.
- Written content must exhibit a level of effort sufficient to engage a reader base.
- Ads that are clearly separated from other content and declared as ads when embedded in the content.
- Site must be compliant in accordance with the Coalition for Better Ads.
Website and Application Restrictions. Customer Website and Application must comply with the following:
- Must be a website, web page, or application. For example, browser extensions will not be considered a site.
- Traffic must meet current minimum quality standards set by Tripadvisor.
- Site cannot redirect users to unwanted websites.
- Site cannot distribute or redirect users to malware.
- Site cannot contain automatic downloads.
- Site cannot contain pop-ups, pop-unders or redirects.
- Site cannot contain content or ads that is deceptive, unethical, predatory, false or misleading.
Customer Website or Application cannot include, and TA Materials cannot be displayed on the same page or in connection with, any content that involves the following:
- Illegal or illicit activities or products, or products of a questionably legal nature.
- Banned substances, including without limitation illegal drugs or substances, recreational drugs or marijuana.
- Instructional information for conduct of an illegal activity, a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country of the world, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
- Violence and/or weapons.
- Games or gaming systems, including without limitation video games, that involve a first person shooter, feature blood and violent death, or feature nudity, or have a M or AG rating.
- Animal cruelty, including without limitation, physical interaction with animals in captivity, shows and performances of captive wild or endangered animals, experiences involving cetaceans (whales and dolphins) placed on public display, animal betting, animal racing, animal fighting, or the harming or killing of animals.
- Content directed at or knowingly created by children under the age of 14.
- Content that is not properly age-gated, as required by applicable laws.
- Gambling and sports betting content that promotes or facilitates online gambling in jurisdictions where the activity is not permitted by law or the offeror is not licensed.
- Tobacco or nicotine, including without limitation, smoke activated, vape activated, non-smoke, and non-vape tobacco.
- Content that is inappropriate or not family friendly, including without limitation, nudity or content of a provocative nature.
Is false, unlawful, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing (or advocates harassment of another person), threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable.
- Hate speech, harassment, bullying, threats, or similar content that advocates against any group, organization, or individual.
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as that which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Payday lenders, high credit/APR, personal loans, and credit repair services.
- Unmoderated user generated content.
- Content or ads that are deceptive, unethical, predatory, false or misleading, including without limitation any content that misuses, violates or infringes the intellectual property rights of any party in any country of the world.
- Any advertisements which do not comply with these guidelines or applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Last Updated: April 21, 2022